|International Academic Publications by CEFIR staff | 09-03-2017
|The paper by Galina Besstremyannaya «Heterogeneous effect of the global financial crisis and the Great East Japan Earthquake on costs of Japanese banks» published in the Journal of Empirical Finance 42: 66-89.
|2017 (including forthcoming)
2016 (including forthcoming)
2015 (including forthcoming)
2014 (including forthcoming)
- The paper by Galina Besstremyannaya «Differential effects of declining rates in a per diem payment system» was published in Health Economics.
- The paper «A History of Resistance to Privatization in Russia» by Paul Castañeda Dower and Andrei Markevich is forthcoming in the Journal of Comparative Economics
- The paper «Foreign Direct Investment and Governance Quality in Russia» by
Olga Kuzmina, Natalya Volchkova, and Tatiana Zueva is forthcoming in the Journal of Comparative Economics
2013 (including forthcoming)
- The paper «Cross-border media and nationalism: Evidence from Serbian radio in Croatia» by Ruben Enikolopov, Maria Petrova, and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya coauthored with Stefano DellaVigna and Vera Mironova is forthcoming in the American Economic Journals: Applied Economics
- «Bad News: An Experimental Study on the Informational Effects of Rewards» by Andrei Bremzen coauthored with Elena Khokhlova, Anton Suvorov, and Jeroen van de Ven is forthcoming in The Review of Economics and Statistics
- The paper «The Unequal Enforcement of Liberalization: Evidence from Russias Reform of Business Regulation» by Evgeny Yakovlev and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya was published in The Journal of European Economic Association
- The paper «The effect of per diem prospective payment system on hospital’s volume and quality» by Galina Besstremyannaya jointly with Dmitry Shapiro is forthcoming in Lancet magazine.
- «Empowering Women: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Afghanistan» by Ruben Enikolopov jointly with Andrew Beath and Fotini Christia is forthcoming in the American Political Science Review
2012 (including forthcoming)
- «A Political Theory of Populism» by Konstantin Sonin, Daron Acemoğlu (MIT) and Georgy Egorov (Northwestern University) is forthcoming in the Quarterly Journal of Economics
- «Field Experiment Estimate of Electoral Fraud in Russian Parliamentary Elections» by Ruben Enikolopov, Maria Petrova, Konstantin Sonin, Alexey Zakharov (HSE, NES1999) and Vasily Korovkin (UCLA, NES2012) is forthcoming in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science (PNAS)
- «The effect of Japanese hospital financing reform on hospital efficiency: a difference-in-difference approach» by Galina Besstremyannaya was published in Japanese Economic Review
- «Shareholder Protection and Outside Blockholders: Substitutes or Complements?" by Sergey Stepanov is forthcoming in the Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics
2011 (including forthcoming)
- «Everyone Hates Privatization, but Why? Survey Evidence from 28 Post-Communist Countries» by Irina Denisova and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya is forthcoming in the Journal of Comparative Economics
- «Eﬃcient Investment in a Dynamic Auction Environment» by Konstantin Sonin jointly with Michael Schwarz and Brendan Daley is forthcoming in the Games and Economic Behavior
- «M-form hierarchy with poorly-diversified divisions: A case of Khrushchevs reform in Soviet Russia» by Andery Markevich and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya was published in the Journal of Public Economics
- «A Political Model of Social Evolution» by Konstantin Sonin jointly with Daron Acemoglu and Georgy Egorov is forthcoming in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- «Newspapers and Parties: How Advertising Revenue Created an Independent Press» by Mariya Petrova is forthcoming in theAmerican Political Science Review
- «Managerial performance and cost efficiency of Japanese local public hospitals» by Galina Besstremyannaya was published in Health Economics
- «Dynamics and Stability of Constitutions, Coalitions, and Clubs» by Konstantin Sonin jointly with Daron Acemoglu and Georgy Egorov published in American Economic Review
- «Corporate Governance of the World’s Financial System: Extend the Financial Regulation Franchise to Emerging Economies» Sergei Guriev, Aleh Tsyvinski , in the report by the Brookings Institution «Think Tank 20: Macroeconomic Policy Interdependence and the G-20»
- «Specification testing in models with many instruments» by Stanislav Anatolyev and Nikolay Gospodinov, Econometric Theory
- «Another numerical method of finding critical values for the Andrews stability test» by Stanislav Anatolyev and Grigory Kosenok is forthcoming in the Econometric Theory
2010 (including forthcoming)
- «Determinants of Expropriation in the Oil Sector: A Theory and Evidence from Panel Data» Sergey Guriev, Anton Kolotilin, Konstantin Sonin, is forthcoming in the Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization
- «Media and Political Persuasion: Evidence from Russia» Ruben Enikolopov, Maria Petrova, Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, is forthcoming in the American Economic Review
- «Segregation and the Quality of Government in a Cross-Section of Countries» Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Alberto Alesina, is forthcoming in the American Economic Review
- «Difference in Interim Performance and Risk Taking with Short-sale Constraints» Dmitry Makarov, Suleyman Basak, is forthcoming in the Journal of Financial Economics
2009 (including forthcoming)
- «Media Freedom, Bureaucratic Incentives, and the Resource Curse» a Working Paper by Konstantin Sonin, Sergei Guriev and Georgy Egorov (Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management) was accepted for publication in The American Political Science Review.
- "(Un)happiness in Transition» by Sergei Guriev and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya published in «Journal of Economic Perspectives» (JEP) in May 2009
- «Discretionary Rewards as a Feedback Mechanism» by Anton Suvorov jointly with Jeroen van de Ven is forthcoming in the «Games and Economic Behavior» (GEB)
- «Imperfect competition in financial markets and capital structure» by Sergey Guriev and Dmitry Kvasov is forthcoming in the «Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization» (JEBO)
- «How to Exit From Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes?" by Nadezhda Ivanova co-authored with Ahmet Atil Asıci and Charles Wyplosz is forthcoming in the International Journal of Finance and Economics
- «Performance Information Dissemination in the Mutual Fund Industry» by Alexei Goriaev co-authored with Theo Nijman and Bas Werker is forthcoming in Journal of Financial Markets
- «Railroad Restructuring in Russia and Central and Eastern Europe: One Solution for All Problems?" by Sergei Guriev co-authored with Guido Friebel, Russell Pittman, Elizaveta Shevyakhova, Anna Tomova is published in the «Transport Reviews», Vol. 27, No. 3, 251-271, May 2007
- «Are Russian Commercial Courts Biased? Evidence from a Bankruptcy Law Transplant» Ekaterina Zhuravskaya (co-authored with A.Lambert-Mogiliansky and K.Sonin) is forthcoming in the «Journal of Comparative Economics»
- «Risks of Investing in the Russian Stock Market: Lessons of the First Decade» Alexei Goriaev and Alexey Zabotkin, Emerging Markets Review
- «Wither Russia? A review of Andrei Shleifers Normal Country» Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Journal of Economic Literature, 2007
- «Decentralization and Political Institutions» Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Ruben Enikolopov, Journal of Public Economics, 2007
- Sudipto Bhattacharyas and Sergei Gurievs article «Patents vs Trade Secrets: Knowledge Licensing and Spillover» is published in The Journal of European Economic Association
- Alexei Savvateevs article «Stability of Jurisdiction Structures Under the Equal Share and Median Rules» (co-written with Anna Bogomolnaya, Michel Le Breton, and Shlomo Weber) is forthcoming in Economic Theory
- «Corporate Governance and Firms' Market Values: Time Series Evidence from Russia» by Bernard S. Black, University of Texas at Austin, and Inessa Love, World Bank, and Andrey Rachinsky, CEFIR, is forthcoming in Emerging Markets Review
- «A Theory of Brinkmanship, Conflict, and Commitment» Konstantin Sonin and Michael Schwarz, is forthcoming in The Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization
- «Smuggling Humans: A Theory of Debt-Financed Migration» by Sergei Guriev and Guido Friebel, Journal of European Economic Association, 2006.
- «Entrepreneurship in China and Russia Compared» by S. Djankov, Y. Qian, G. Roland, and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Journal of European Economic Association, Papers and Proceedings, 2006.
- «Who Are China’s Entrepreneurs?" by S. Djankov, Y. Qian, G. Roland, and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, 2006.
- «Foreign Currency Pricing» by Oleg Zamulin and Irina Levina, Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, 2006.
- «Passive Creditors» by Konstantin Sonin and Koen Schoors, International Finance, 2006.
- «Contracting on time» by Sergei Guriev and Dmitriy Kvasov, American Economic Review, 2005.
- «Laws for Sale: Evidence from Russia» by E.Yakovlev, I. Slinko, and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, American Law and Economics Review, 2005.
- «Who are the Russian Entrepreneurs?" by S. Djankov, E. Miguel, Y. Qian, G. Roland, and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Journal of European Economic Association Papers and Proceedings, 2005.
- «The Role of Oligarchs in Russian Capitalism» by Sergei Guriev and Andrei Rachinsky, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 2005.
- Attaching Workers Through In-kind Payments: Theory and Evidence from Russia» by Sergei Guriev and Guido Friebel, World Bank Economic Review, 2005.
- «Yet another look at mutual fund tournaments» by Alexei Goriaev, Theo Nijman, and Bas Werker, Journal of Empirical Finance, 2005.
- «Why the Rich May Favor Poor Protection of Property Rights» by Konstantin Sonin, Journal of Comparative Economics, 2004.
- «Federal Tax Arrears in Russia: Liquidity Problems, Federal Redistribution, or Regional Protection?" by M. Ponomareva and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Economics of Transition, 2004.
- «Opportunistic Political Cycles: Test in a Young Democracy Setting» by A. Akhmedov and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2004.
- «Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia» by Sergei Guriev and Yuri Andrienko, Economics of Transition, 2004.
- «Red Tape and Corruption» by Sergei Guriev, Journal of Development Economics, 2004.
- «Barter for Price Discrimination» by Sergei Guriev and Dmitry Kvassov, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 2004.
- «Information Revelation and Efficiency in Auctions» Konstantin Sonin and Anna Mikoucheva, Economics Letters, 2004.
- «Does Foreign Ownership Matter? Russian experience» by Ksenia Yudaeva, Konstantin Kozlov, Natalia Melentieva, Natalia Ponomaryova, Economics of Transition, 2003.
- «Incomplete Contracts with Cross-Investments» by Sergei Guriev, Contributions in Theoretical Economics, 2003.
- «Debt Overhang and Barter in Russia» by Sergei Guriev, Igor Makarov and Mathilde Maurel, Journal of Comparative Economics, 2002.
- «Does Arbitrage Flatten Demand Curves for Stocks?" by J. Wurgler and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Journal of Business, 2002.
- «On Microfoundations of Yaaris Dual Theory of Choice» by Sergei Guriev, Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, 2001.
- «Incentives to Provide Local Public Goods: Fiscal federalism Russian style» by Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Journal of Public Economics, 2000.
- «Rackets, Regulation and the Rule of law» by T.Frye and Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, 2000.